International Service for the Acquisition of Agri-biotech Applications (ISAAA) will hold a 2 day Science Communication Training Workshop on 28th and 29th June, 2016, at ILRI campus, located on Old Naivasha Road, Nairobi.
The objective of the workshop is to equip scientists with the necessary skills to effectively communicate about their research, and empower them with skills to effectively engage with the media and public at large. The training will have a rich mix of theoretical and practical sessions that will enable participants to grasp key science communication skills while having fun! Participants will:
- Familiarize themselves with effective science communication principles
- Learn how to develop messages for your wide stakeholder base
- Be exposed to the ideal ways on engaging policy makers about their research
- Familiarize themselves with the ideal social media tools for engaging the public
- Learn how to engage the media as well the dos and don’ts when conducting media interviews