Uganda Biotechnology and Biosafety Consortium (UBBC) is a coalition of Ugandan stakeholders in support of safe and responsible use of biotechnology for national development. In collaboration with its partners, UBBC will recognise biotechnology and biosafety scientists, innovators (including informal), and entrepreneurs who have contributed immensely towards economic development through exploiting biotechnology.
The event will be held in Kampla, Uganda, on 15th February 2018.
For more information, visit UBBC’s website.
The Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) entered into force on 29 December 1993. It has 3 main objectives:
- The conservation of biological diversity
- The sustainable use of the components of biological diversity
- The fair and equitable sharing of the benefits arising out of the utilization of genetic resource
Its Secretariat is holding a workshop on detection and identification of Living Modified Organisms (LMOs) for Francophone Africa.
The event will take place in Tunis, Tunisia, on 5 – 9 March 2018.
For more information, visit CBD’s website.
Organised by the Science Foundation for Livelihoods and Development (SCIFODE) and her partners, the 3rd National Agricultural Biosciences Conference (NABIO2018) objectives are to:
1. Celebrate the works of bioscientists and innovators in Uganda, East Africa and beyond;
2. Link science to society through disseminating simplified messages to policy makers, farmer leaders and media persons, that can contribute to evidence-based policy making;
3. Provide an opportunity for scientists, innovators, processors, farmers among others to showcase whole value chain of bioprocesses from lab to market, to impact on livelihoods;
4. Provide an opportunity for networking and information sharing among different and otherwise unconnected stakeholders.
This year’s theme is “Addressing Hunger and Poverty through Biosciences research and Value Addition Innovations for Industrialization.”
The event will take place in Kampala, Uganda, on 25 – 27 March, 2018.
For more information, visit SCIFODE’s website.